Dr Shadforth is a senior anaesthetist in private practice in Brisbane. She has over 30 years of experience in anaesthesia and has worked across many specialty areas, including 15 years of cardiothoracic and 30 years of vascular anaesthesia. Her current practice encompasses vascular, orthopaedic, gynaecology, respiratory and gastroenterology, including complex interventional gastroenterology and respiratory procedure. She has a special interest in drug addiction, having worked for Alcohol and Drug Dependency services for a year, and has published internationally in this area.
Dr Shadforth is the current Chair of Anaesthesia at Greenslopes Private Hospital, and in that capacity sits on the Medical Advisory Committee as the anaesthetic representative. She also has the role of a Peer Messenger at Greenslopes Private Hospital, having undergone training with the Cognitive Institute in partnership with the Vanderbilt centre for Patient and Professional Advocacy. The program is designed to intervene in patient safety issues that may arise with practitioners. She was the immediate past Chair of the Board of Greenslopes Anaesthesia Services, a practice of 24 anaesthetists that she founded in 2003, having stepped down from that role in 2020.
Qualifications & Fellowships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Queensland, 1990
- Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthetists, Royal Australian College of Surgeons, 1989
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, 1992
- Member of the Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Chair Anaesthesia – Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Anaesthetic Representative Medical Advisory Committee – Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane
- Anaesthetic Representative Theatre Advisory Committee – Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane
- Peer Messenger – Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane
- Visiting Anaesthetic Specialist – Mater Private Hospital Brisbane; Wesley Hospital; St Andrews Hospital; Southside Endoscopy Centre, Brisbane
- Clinical Teaching Medical Students – University of Queensland, Brisbane
Previous Relevant Experience
- Staff Specialist Anaesthetist – Greenslopes Repatriation Hospital, 1989-1995
- Specialist Anaesthetist Intensive Care Unit – Greenslopes Repatriation Hospital; Relieving Director Intensive Care, 1989-1995
- Chair Anaesthesia – Greenslopes Private Hospital and Representative Medical Advisory Committee, 1998-2006
- Chair Greenslopes Quality Assurance Committee, 1998-2006.