Dr Marsh is a medical practitioner with over 20 years’ experience in specialist practice. Dr Marsh is a senior visiting psychiatrist / neuropsychiatrist in private and public practice at a number of Brisbane hospitals where he specialises in consultation liaison psychiatry and neuropsychiatry.
Dr Marsh is an experienced Independent Medical Examiner and is trained in the Psychiatric Impairment Rating Scale (PIRS methodology).
Qualifications & Fellowships
- MBBS, University of Queensland, Brisbane, December 1992
- FRANZCP, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, February 2000
- Membership of the Faculty of Psychiatry of Old Age, April 2002
- Membership of the Faculty of Forensic Psychiatry, April 2005
- Membership of the Faculty of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, April 2016
- Membership of the Section of Neuropsychiatry, April 2005
- Visiting Medical Officer, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, The Wesley Hospital and New Farm Clinic, Brisbane
- Senior Lecturer University of Queensland, Brisbane
- Supervision, lecturing and examination of overseas trained doctors, medical students and RANZCP trainees
- Branch Committee Member of RANZCP Queensland Neuropsychiatry Section
Areas of Expertise
- Adult and old age psychiatry
- Patients with chronic pain
- Functional neurological disorders, Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, epilepsy, head and spinal injuries, dementia, multiple sclerosis, stroke, motor neurone disease, Huntington’s disease, brain malignancies, as well as essential tremor and Tourette’s syndrome patients undergoing deep brain stimulation.
- Deep brain stimulation for treatment resistant obsessive compulsive disorder
Current Research Projects
Inventor of a ‘wearable cueing’ medical device for patients with Parkinson’s disease with freezing of gait. Principal investigator of an intervention trial to measure the effectiveness of this device.
Associate investigator in Deep Brain Stimulation clinical trial for treatment resistant obsessive compulsive disorder’ trial.
Associate investigator in Deep Brain Stimulation clinical trial for severe enduring anorexia nervosa.