Dr Bartolacci has worked at John Hunter Hospital as a specialist anaesthetist since 1997. In this role he is often the clinical leader of the operating suite. He triages the incoming emergency cases and manage both the staffing and smooth running of the operating suite.
Dr Bartolacci has worked with CareFlight and Hunter Retrieval Service for over 20 years, during this time he was the medical team leader.
Dr Bartolacci has vast trauma and prehospital experience and is considered one of the most experienced Retrieval Medicine Specialists in Australia.
Qualifications and Fellowships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Sydney University 1987
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists – January 1997
- CPD via Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, CPD Program
- Specialist Anaesthetist 1997 to Present (Trainee 1990 to 1996)
- VMO Hunter Area Health Service
- VMO Private Hospitals Hunter Region
- Lake Macquarie Private
- Lingard Private
- Warners Bay Private
- Hamilton Day Surgery
- Newcastle Private
- Staff Specialist in Retrieval Medicine (Trainee 1991 to 1997)
- 1997 to 2013 CareFlight Sydney
- 2013 to present Hunter Retrieval Service (Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service)
- 1999 Visiting Instructor University of Michigan Medical Centre, Ann Arbor, Michigan