- 1985 Bachelor of Medical Science & Psychology, London University
- 1988 Bachelor Medicine and Surgery, London University
- 1993 Fellow Royal College Anaesthetists
- 1996 Fellow Australasian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- 1998 Graduate Diploma Pain Medicine, Sydney University
- 2000 Independent Medical Examiner, American Board of Independent Examiners
- 2007 Master of Business Administration
- 2008 Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2014 Mediator Accreditation, Queensland Government Department of Justice
- 2015 GEPI certification (NSW QLD) spine, nervous system, upper limb, lower limb
- 2014 WorkSafe Victoria, Transport Accident Commission: Independent Medical Examiner
- 2015 Master’s degree in Medical Law Programme, University of Melbourne
Advanced training in Pain Medicine: Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Brisbane and Taunton and Somerset Hospital UK
Advanced Training Anaesthesia and Intensive Care: Bristol UK, and The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane.
- Senior Specialist Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Senior Visiting Medical Officer, Department of Anaesthesia Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Greenslopes Private Hospital, and Mater Hospitals Brisbane
- Deputy Chair Human Research Ethics Committee, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Independent Expert Medical Examiner (Litigation, AHPRA Insurance Court Evidence)
Independent Expert Experience
- 17 years and current experience as a pain medicine physician and anaesthetist
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Impairment determinations
- Expert Witness (District Court, Supreme Court, Coroners Court in person and telephone)
- Critical Incident Root Cause Analysis (Queensland Health)
Chronic Non-Malignant Painful Conditions, e.g. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), painful neuropathies, Neuropathic Pain and Nerve Entrapment Syndromes using a combination of drug and interventional treatments.
Spinal Pain that is not amenable to surgery such as Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, arachnoiditis, degenerative spinal conditions using a number of treatment modalities including drug treatments, injection techniques, radiofrequency nerve ablation and “advanced” pain therapies, such as spinal cord stimulation and intrathecal drug therapy.
Pain Syndromes in which an individual’s pain is disproportionate to any physical condition by determining the contribution of physical (organic) and psychological (non-organic) components of their pain.
Multidisciplinary Pain Management teams of allied health professionals in pain management programs in which cognitive and behavioural therapy is used to assist individuals with pain better self-manage their condition.
Adult Anaesthesia for all surgical specialties, including day case anaesthesia, spinal and epidural anaesthesia, nerve blocks, pre and post-operative care and pain management.