Dr Leo Zeller is a senior visiting specialist in orthopaedics at Toowoomba Health Services and senior visiting specialist in spinal surgery at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Brisbane.
Dr Zeller has 20 years specialist medical experience in both the public and private sector including eight years as Director of Orthopaedic Surgery at Toowoomba Health Services.
Dr Zeller has undertaken a Clinical Fellowship in Spinal Surgery at the University of British Columbia and is experienced in complex spinal surgery including anterior and posterior spinal surgery, spinal instrumentation and corrective osteotomy.
Dr Zeller has extensive experience as an Independent Medical Examiner and Expert Witness.
Qualifications and Fellowships
- 1985 MB BS Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Queensland
- 1995 FRACS Fellowship Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- 1997 Clinical Fellow in Spinal Surgery University of British Columbia Canada
- Senior VMO Orthopaedic Surgery, Toowoomba Health Services, Toowoomba
- Senior Visiting Spinal Surgeon, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Brisbane Assessor, Queensland Surgical Mortality Review Panel
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Spinal Surgery
- Anterior and Posterior Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Instrumentation and corrective osteotomy surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma
Expert Evidence Experience
Dr Zeller is a nationally recognised expert in spinal surgery who has provided medicolegal reports for insurance and court matters. He has provided evidence in court and served as a member of the court appointed expert panel.
Dr Zeller is Deputy Chairperson of the Queensland Orthopaedic Assessment Tribunal.
Dr Zeller is studying for a Masters of Medical Law at the University of Melbourne.