Dr Boon is a Senior Pain Medicine Specialist in the Professor Tess Cramond Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Clinical Director and Senior Consultant Psychiatrist in the Department of Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
Dr Boon has been a medical practitioner with 18 years of experience in specialist practice. Dr Boon also works in private consultancy in pain medicine, psychiatry and injury rehabilitation. Dr Boon has provided medical reports for Workers’ Compensation (Qld, NSW), The Australian Defence Force, legal firms, and other insurer groups.
Qualifications & Fellowships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery 1987.
- Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists 2001.
- Fellow, Faculty of Pain Medicine Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists 2011.
- Member, Faculty of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
- Clinical Director and Senior Consultant Psychiatrist, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Department of Mental Health, RBWH.
- Senior Specialist Pain Medicine Physician, Professor Tess Cramond Multidisciplinary Pain Centre RBWH.
- Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland.
- Member, Clinical Ethics Committee, RBWH.
- Member, Clinical Council, RBWH.
Areas of Expertise
- Psychosomatic medicine addressing the integration of psychological and physiological.
- Factors in general medical illness.
- Chronic non-malignant pain conditions.
- Pain syndromes especially those in which an individual’s pain is disproportionate to any physical condition.