Dr McLeod is a Consultant Physician in Rehabilitation Medicine. She works in the Rehabilitation and Chronic Pain Services located at the new STARS Hospital, Herston Road, Brisbane, Queensland.
Dr McLeod has over 15 years’ experience in the practice of medicine. Dr McLeod works in both public and private sector to help individuals with disability maximise their level of function and independence.
Dr McLeod has particular knowledge in the rehabilitation of patients with neurological impairments and chronic pain conditions. She has experience in the provision of medical reports.
Qualifications & Fellowships
- Bachelor of Science, 1999, University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with First Class Honours, 2003, University of Queensland.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, 2010.
- Independent Medical Examiner, certified in American Guides to Permanent Impairment 5th edition, April 2018.
- Senior Staff Specialist – Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. Practice location: STARS (Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Service, Herston Road, Herston).
- Senior Staff Specialist – Rehabilitation Medicine, Tess Cramond Pain and Research Centre, STARS
- Visiting Medical Officer – Wesley Hospital Brisbane
- Visiting Medical Officer – St Andrews War Memorial Hospital Brisbane
- Senior Lecturer – School of Medicine, University of Queensland.
Areas of Expertise
Assessment and management of patients with complex disorders requiring inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation, including patients with:
- Neurological disorders such as brain injury, stroke, spasticity
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Chronic pain
- Traumatic injuries