Qualifications and Fellowships
- 2014 – 2018 Fellow Royal Australasian College Dental Surgeons (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- 2013 – 2015 Masters of Philosophy (Oral Cancer), University of Queensland
- 2010 – 2013 Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours I), University of Queensland
- 2004 – 2007 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Queensland
- 1998 – 2002 Bachelor of Science, University of Queensland
- 1998 – 2002 Bachelor of Business Management (Honours), University of Queensland
- Advanced Surgical Training, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Queensland and NT Health
- Basic Surgical Training, Queensland Health
- Specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Townsville Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Visiting Medical Officer, Mater Townsville Hospital, Townsville
- Locum Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin
Independent Expert Experience
- Expert Witness (District Court, Supreme Court in person and via telephone)
- Five years current experience in independent medical examination and legal reporting relevant to specialty
- Dentoalveolar Surgery – management of third molars and complications related to the removal of teeth including nerve injury and microsurgical repair.
- Dental Implant Surgery – management of complex dental rehabilitation and bone grafting
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders/Dysfunction and Joint Replacement – management of joint pain and disorders in multi-disciplinary teams, arthroscopic diagnosis and surgical management.
- Facial Trauma – management of soft and hard tissue facial trauma including facial sinuses, orbits, maxilla, mandible and zygomas.
- Orthognathic Surgery – management of facial deformity.
- Management of Benign and Malignant Pathology – Head and Neck – surgical management of pathology with interest in oral cancer screening of at-risk populations.
- 2015 Master of Philosophy Thesis, University of Queensland
- “Opportunities for achieving early diagnosis of oral cancer within the medical profession in Australia.”
- 2013 Literature Review and Clinical Case Series, Mater and Sunnybank Hospitals
- “Ultrasound guided arthrocentesis of the temporomandibular joint may reduce complications and improve training in the two needle technique for training registrars.” Co-Investigator: A/Prof Anthony Lynham
- 2011 Literature Review and Clinical Case Series, Townsville Base Hospital
- “Hemifacial Microsomia: A review of literature and application to case series at Townsville Base Hospital.” Co-Investigator: Prof Robert Jones
- 2007 Clinical Study, Queensland University of Technology
- “Effect of surgical approach on soft tissue and fracture healing in a severe ovine trauma model.” Co-Investigator: Dr Martin Wullschleger, Dr Roland Steck
- 2006 – 2007 Clinical Study, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation
- “Microdialysis of soft tissue fluid in severe ovine trauma model.”
- 2006 Clinical Study, Queensland University of Technology
- “A new ovine model to study healing of a complex femur fracture with concurrent soft tissue injury” Co-Investigator: Dr Martin Wullschleger, Dr Roland Steck