Dr Erwin Groeneveld has been a medical practitioner for over 39 years and an ophthalmologist for over 30 years. He was the chairman of The Princess Alexandra Hospital Eye Clinic in 2011 and undertook military service in the Australian Army Reserve – Medical Corps from 1990 to 2004.
Dr Groeneveld has provided medical reports for legal proceedings, medical negligence claims, Workers Compensation and Health Practitioner Registration Boards.
Qualifications & Fellowships
- 1980 Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- 1989 Fellow Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Private practice, Brisbane Eye Clinic, Brisbane.
- June 2000 to August 2015 Senior visiting retinal surgeon at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
- 1989 to 1990 Fellowship vitreo-retinal surgery at Melbourne University, Department of Ophthalmology.
- March 1990 to 2018 Visiting medical officer, Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane.
- November 1998 to January 2013 Neo-natal ophthalmology; Consultant ophthalmologist Neo-Natal ICU – Mater Children’s and Maternity Public Hospital, Brisbane.
- 1986 to 1988 Ophthalmology Training three years; Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital, Melbourne.
- 1975 Anatomy Dissection Prize.
- 1996 Storz Hydrogel Lens Trial
- 1996 to 1999 Lantanoprost Drug Trial
- 2005 Pfizer AMD Clinical Trial – A4321001
- 2011 to 2015 Luminous Trial Ranibizumab.
- June 2001 to August 2015 Clinical Senior Lecturer, the University of Queensland (part-time).
- 2002 to 2015 Traning Supervisor RANZCO Program
- 2009 to 2014 Program Director and Training Supervisor Retinal Fellowship