Dr Berryman has been a medical practitioner for nineteen years including most recently seven years in specialist practice.
Dr Berryman is a Consultant Physician at Wesley Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Mater Health Services and Metro South Persistent Pain Management Services.
Dr Berryman has a special interest in persistent pelvic pain, opioid prescribing and stewardship, obstetric and general adult anaesthesia and subacute/transitional pain.
Dr Berryman is a Consultant Anaesthetist at Wesley Anaesthesia and Pain Management Brisbane and Mater Health Services.
Qualifications and Fellowships
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacology, Microbiology/Immunology) 1997 Adelaide University
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery 2002 University of Queensland
- Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists 2011
- Fellow, Faculty of Pain Medicine Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists 2012
- Staff Specialist Pain Medicine Physician – Metro South Persistent Pain Management Services
- Staff Specialist Anaesthetist/Pain Physician/Pelvic Pain Clinic – Mater Health Services
- Specialist Pain Medicine Physician/Anaesthetist Wesley Anaesthesia and Pain Management
Areas of Clinical Expertise
- Chronic non-malignant pain conditions, e.g. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), painful neuropathies, neuropathic pain and nerve entrapment syndromes using a combination of drug and interventional treatments.
- Multidisciplinary management of Pelvic and Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Spinal pain that is not amenable to surgery, such as failed back surgery syndrome, arachnoiditis, degenerative spinal disease using a number of treatment modalities including drug treatments, injection techniques, radiofrequency nerve ablation.
- Pain syndromes in which an individual’s pain is disproportionate to any physical condition by determining the presence of both physical (organic) and psychological (non-organic) components of pain.
- Opioid Prescribing and Stewardship
- Adult anaesthesia for all surgical specialties including, day case anaesthesia, spinal and epidural anaesthesia, regional anaesthesia, nerve blocks, post-operative pain management